Sunset Luaus have become a tradition in Hawaii. The luau was not born in ancient Hawaii ... it began during the plantation era as field workers from all different Polynesian cultures would get together for a party at the beach on their day off. Luaus feature a sumptuous feast of local foods, and a presentation of song and dance of the peoples who have settled here in Hawaii. Oh, we play with fire here.
Westin Wailele Polynesian Luau
Current Rates: $110 Adults, $65 children (ages 5-12) a premium seating option is also available for $15 per seat (adult or child).
- Vibrant dances from throughout Polynesia
- Maui's largest, most extreme fire knife dance troupe
- Delicious luau cuisine
- Premium open bar
- Intimate oceanfront setting
The Wailele Polynesian Luau at the Westin Maui Resort and Spa at Kaanapali Beachbrings traditional and authentic dances, songs and colorful costumes to visitors to our island. Guests will embark on a vibrant and exciting journey to the Polynesian Islands where dance was considered not just as a form of entertainment, but as a means of telling stories.
Situated on the ocean side of the resort's Aloha Pavilion, the lush tropical greenery with the soothing sounds of waterfalls and a breathtaking sunset form the perfect backdrop for an evening of entertainment complemented by a delicious Hawaiian meal in an elegant setting. Executive Chef Bart Umidi and his team of highly experienced chefs have created a buffet of Hawaiian cuisine that is a touch more elegant than the typical luau fare. There will be a free flow of drinks and cocktails such as Mai Tai, Blue Hawaiian, the signature Westin Sunset, red and white wines, beers, including Tahitian beer, sodas, and fruit juices.
The show itself boasts the largest fire knife dance performance in Maui (usually 4 or 5 performers) with one of the members, Tavita, as a third generational fire knife dancer. Catch spell-binding Fiji and Maori performances with the choreography and dance moves carefully supervised by Fiji and Maori chiefs. The show will also include dances and songs from: Hawaii, Tahiti, New Zealand and Samoa – a truly authentically-presented Polynesian revue!
This luau is held Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays all year, with additional nights added during summer and holiday periods.
Other Kaanapali Luaus:
- Royal Lahaina Luau: Shows held nightly. Adults $94, Children (6-11) $30, Infants 5 & under free. Premier up-front seating upgrade available for $20 per seat.
- Hyatt Luau - Drums of the Pacific: Adults (over 12) $100, children 6-12 $65, 5 & under free. There will no longer be a "teen" rate in 2014.
South Maui Luaus:
- Te Au Moana at the Wailea Marriott: Adults $102.72, Children (6-12) $57.60, 5 & under free. Premier up-front seating upgrade available for $10 per seat. Shows held Monday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Shows added on Tuesday 12/24/2013 & Tuesday 12/31/2013.
- Honua'ula at the Grand Wailea: General admission is $91.00 for Adults, $49.00 for Children (6-12), 5& under free. Reserved seating is $112 for Adults, $84 Children, and $54 for 5 & under. Shows held Monday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.